Short Facts About Disease-Related Malnutrition
- Up to 50 percent of hospital patients in Latin America are malnourished.1
- Malnutrition is a silent epidemic that is too often overlooked, undetected and untreated.
- Malnutrition impacts people of all ages and conditions.2
- 1. Correia MI, Campos AC, ELAN Cooperative Study. Prevalence of hospital malnutrition in Latin America: the multicenter ELAN study. Nutrition 2003;19(10):823–825.
- 2. Kruizenga HM, de Jonge P, Seidell JC et al. Are malnourished patients complex patients? Health status and care complexity of malnourished patients detected by the Short Nutritional Assessment Questionnaire (SNAQ). Eur J Intern Med 2006;17(3):189-194.